1. The Clubhouse is closed June 15th-22nd.
2. June 14th is the last day of the H.O.P.E. program for the 2013-14 academic year.
3. Our SUMMER PROGRAMS begin on June 24th! They’ll run Tuesdays through Fridays. There are four ways to be involved in the Summer Programs at DTMAC:
-If you’re part of Social Work 350 at EMU, you can intern with us.
-Participate as a Michigan Works! Limited Work Experience employee. Michigan Works! employees are teens in part-time jobs designed to provide training and to help with educational goals. To become a Michigan Works! employee, contact Keandra Randall: (734) 714-9828.
-Become a Facilitator for the summer programs. Facilitators are 17-25-year-olds who receive training earn a weekly rate to work with DTMAC encouraging young people to make a difference. To become a facilitator, contact Gail Wolkoff: (734) 218-2953.
-Become a Stipend Participant. Participants are teens ages 13-16 who want to strengthen academics, participate in a broad variety of activities and field trips, and earn a weekly stipend. To become a participant, contact Gail Wolkoff: (734) 218-2953.
What can you expect?
1. Cookies, lunch, laughter, excitement
2. Learning how to fundraise for day and evening programming
3. Cooking, creating menus, and shopping at the Farmers’ Market and Eastern Market
4. Strengthening core academic subjects like reading, math, writing, foreign languages, history, and science
5. Art, music, dance, theater