Dedicated to Make a Change is looking for people and businesses to partner with local Ypsilanti Community high school students to created educational reform, for as little as $50.
$50 will give a high school student: a backpack, five notebooks, three folders, 100 note cards, a pack of graph paper, highlighters, pencils, pens, colored pencils, three hole punch, ruler, white out, page markers, and a composition book.
The students are aware peers often are home-free for a night or two so each backpack will contain these hygiene supplies: soap, deodorant, kleenex, hand lotion, tooth brush and tooth paste, menstrual products, combs, brushes, and picks.
Thank you for considering our request.
We will be handing out backpacks on August 30th and 31st from 1 to 5 pm. More info here
We are teens at Dedicated to Make a Change are making jewelry, origami cranes, and other items to sell at the Ypsilanti Farmers Market starting Tuesday, August 2nd.
80% of the proceeds are going towards school supplies for high school students in Ypsilanti Community Schools, and the remaining 20% is going to supplies for DTMAC. We are guessing each filled backpack will cost $50.
Buying school supplies for students helps them have a better mindset so they are focused on the class work and what they’re learning in the classroom. Also, having proper school supplies allows for positive educational reform by enabling them to be well prepared.
We really appreciate your willingness to support us on our community endeavor to purchase school supplies for YCS students.
We are looking for people and businesses to partner with us. If you want to give money, school supplies, a backpack, which will hold up to 30 pounds of books, let us know: